The series premiered on Amazon Prime Video on July 29, 2022.
In the early morning hours after Halloween 1988, four paper girls—Erin, Mac, Tiffany, and KJ—are out on their delivery route when they become caught in the crossfire between warring time-travelers, changing the course of their lives forever. Transported into the future, these girls must figure out a way to get back home to the past, a journey that will bring them face-to-face with the grown-up versions of themselves. While reconciling that their futures are far different than their 12-year-old selves imagined, they are being hunted by a militant faction of time-travelers known as the Old Watch, who have outlawed time travel so that they can stay in power. In order to survive, the girls will need to overcome their differences and learn to trust each other, and themselves.
- Riley Lai Nelet as Erin Tieng
- Camryn Jones as Tiffany Quilkin
- Sofia Rosinsky as Mac Coyle
- Fina Strazza as KJ Brandman
- Nate Corddry as Larry
- Adina Porter as Prioress
- Quetta Carpenter as Nora Brandman
- Christopher Shyer as Ozzie Brandman
- Rebecca Spence as Alice Coyle
- Kellee Stewart as Dr. Carol Quilkin
- Abigail Lue as Missy Tieng
- Carter Shimp as Wally Becker
- Lucas Prizant as Michael Jackson
- Nick Maldonado as Wolfman
- Paul Grondy as Mr. Johnson
- Marcus Truschinski as Ronald Reagan
- Kai Young as Heck
- Daniel Rashid as Heck #2
- William Bennett as Naldo
- Jane Hu as Mei Lien Tieng
- Joshua L. Green as Marcus
- Saurabh Pande as Koko
|Growing Pains||While delivering newspapers early one morning in 1988, four girls who have nothing in common are forced to work together to survive when something odd lands in their suburb.||July 29, 2022||1X01|
|Weird Al is Dead||Erin convinces her older self to try to help her and the Girls find a way home to 1988…right as they are stalked by Prioress, one of the evil Old Watch soldiers determined to erase them from history.||July 29, 2022||1X02|
|Blue Tongues Don't Lie||Mac reunites with the grown-up version of her brother Dylan and is stunned to learn how her family turned out. Tiff, KJ, and the Erins meet a stranger who might be the ticket back to 1988.||July 29, 2022||1X03|
|It Was Never About the Corn||Larry may have a way for the girls get home to 1988…but it’s going to require a lot of adult Erin…and Mac may not want to go home to her old life after spending time with Dylan.||July 29, 2022||1X04|
|A New Period||Adult Erin leads a daring mission home to 1988 that takes an unexpected turn, leading the girls to KJ’s house and a big secret about her future.||July 29, 2022||1X05|
|Matinee||Desperate to find a way home, Tiff leads the girls to her adult self, who accomplished so many of her childhood dreams but she isn’t everything that was expected. Together they work to decode Larry’s ledger as the Old Watch close in.||July 29, 2022||1X06|
|Some Kind of Burping Trash Hole||Tiff confronts her adult self about the choices she’s made and KJ tries to help Mac grapple with her future as Larry and Erin call for back-up.||July 29, 2022||1X07|
|It B Over||The Old Watch invades Larry’s farm, leaving the Girls with one chance to get home to 1988.||July 29, 2022||1X08|
On July 11, 2019, it was announced that Amazon Studios had put the project in development with a series commitment, with Brian K. Vaughan, who wrote the original comic book series, executive producing the project under his overall deal with Legendary Entertainment. It was also announced that Stephany Folsom would write the series, as well as executive produce alongside Vaughan. On July 23, 2020, the project was officially greenlit to series, with Cliff Chiang, Christopher Cantwell, and Christopher C. Rogers joining as executive producers. On July 31, 2021, it was reported that Folsom has exited the series.
On April 26, 2021, it was announced that Sofia Rosinsky, Camryn Jones, Riley Lai Nelet, and Fina Strazza were cast in the four lead roles. On May 6, 2021, Ali Wong joined the main cast.
The series was initially set to begin filming on March 1, 2021, but was later pushed back and ultimately began on May 17, 2021 in Chicago, Illinois. The series finished filming on October 1, 2021.
- Paper Girls (TV series) on IMDb
- "‘Paper Girls’ Series Based on Sci-Fi Comics Gets Amazon Greenlight". Variety.
- "Paper Girls: release date, trailer, cast, and everything we know". WhatToWatch.
- "'PAPER GIRLS' TV SERIES BASED ON BRIAN K. VAUGHAN COMIC GETS GREEN LIGHT AT AMAZON". SYFY (July 23, 2020).
- "‘Paper Girls’: Sofia Rosinsky, Camryn Jones, Riley Lai Nelet, Fina Strazza Cast As Leads In Amazon Series". Deadline (April 26, 2021).
- "‘Paper Girls’: Ali Wong Joins Brian K. Vaughan’s Amazon Graphic Novel Series Adaptation". Deadline (May 6, 2021).
- "‘Paper Girls’: Co-Showrunner Stephany Folsom Exits Amazon Series". Deadline.
- "‘Paper Girls’: Ali Wong Joins Brian K. Vaughan’s Amazon Graphic Novel Series Adaptation". Deadline.